image from weheartit.com2012 has to be the quickest year of my life. My boyfriend wrote in my anniversary card "times flies when you're having fun" and there couldn't be truer words. Despite some tough times in the year it's still been the best year of my life. I am so lucky to be with my boyfriend, I truly believe we were meant to be and our paths crossed to bring us together. I am all kinds of crazy about him and we brought the New Year in together with a kiss, one of the most magical moments ever. I'm so proud of my achievements during the past year, from learning I'm stronger than I thought, looking after my family and becoming even closer to them in the process and all the little bits in between. My boyfriend has really helped me believe in myself and see the potential I have for future career movement. I'm so pleased with the direction of my blog and the satisfaction I get from doing it. I don't believe in New Years Resolutions as I think you set yourself up to fail and then feel down about it. I seriously did not want to return to work today, definitely enjoyed my time off far too much. I usually put a list on my pin board of goals to aim for. I don't see it everyday but when I do it reminds me of what I want.
1. Money - I have drastically cut down my spending in recent years. I remember the elation of my first full time pay slip and I went a little crazy with the hundreds I had in my account. I've slowly become better and more careful with money and really want to continue this.
2. House Deposit - I have numerous savings accounts, ISAs and sharesave schemes to my name but I still need to save much more as the bigger house deposit I have the better mortgage I'll be able to get, and I would rather like an average sized house. I've been saving slowly but steadily since I was 17 (the one and only thing I've always wanted over everything else is my own house) I'm still a way off.
3. Blog - I enjoy blogging so much and having my own little corner of the internet. My boyfriend has really become involved with helping me and giving me tips and advise and is so supportive. I've certainly been lacking the time and energy to post as often as I like to so hopefully now everything has calmed down and life resumes to some sort of normality (?) I'll be posting more regularly.
4. Purchases - This ties somewhat into the money goal. I want to buy myself more expensive items, but less all round, if that makes any sense. So rather than buying four cheap bags I'd rather save up for a more expensive bag. I'm definitely a way off affording a Chanel but it would be nice to own something I saved for and really appreciate. I find I don't appreciate or care so much for items that cost me a few pounds from Primark over something that cost me £100. I have so much stuff in my room and I'm dreading moving out purely because it'll take so long to pack up and me and my boyfriend want a minimal, clean look.
5. Me Time - I rarely just take a few hours to read or watch a DVD. I loved reading and I haven't done any in so long. I've been toying with the idea of an e-reader to encourage me more but I love the look of a bookcase so much. I also hope I may have a library one day like the one in Beauty & The Beast, haha so I need a few books for that! I have a large cupcake stand overflowing with Lush and a bag in my Mum's room because I don't have anywhere for my new purchases. I really should make the time for a bath to enjoy all these bath bombs I've accumulated! And it could link to the blog one if I could share with you my favourite ones. I have bought almost all of the Sims 3 games in the last six months yet I haven't really played it and two of the expansions are sitting in their cellophane in the corner (very naughty!) I loved Sims 1 and 2 and I'd love to enjoy 3 too.
And so that's roughly it. All of them are important to me and I'll work on trying to get more of them into my life this year. I hope you all had an amazing New Year. Me and my boyfriend meant to let sky lanterns go at just after midnight but the howling, forceful wind and rain stopped us. We'll wait for a calmer night to let our wishes go for this year :)
I'll just leave you with my Facebook post as it really sums up my feelings of 2012 and what I learnt...
Can't believe 2012 will be over in a few hours. Couldn't have got through this year without my wonderful family and my amazing boyfriend and friends. Thank you all for your love and support through times I hoped I'd never have to go through. Just goes to show love does make the world go round, you're always stronger than you believe and you can always find the positives in a negative situation if you look hard enough. Nothing will defeat you if you have no fear and you know you'll find the light at the end of the tunnel. Wishing everyone a very happy new year xxx