Friday 25 January 2013

Utopia Sparkles

This post has been a long time coming as I discovered the beauty of Models Own Utopia last October. I'd seen it pop up on blogs being raved about but to me it always looked such a "blah" colour. Nothing special, exciting, eye-catching or compliment worthy. When Models Own asked for 100,000 likes on Facebook to launch their annual half price sale I was dying to add some more to my collection. Utopia found itself in my basket, for £2.50 it seemed worth the risk and I wanted a neutral colour to go beneath glitter. 
I was absolutely astonished when I got round to applying this as a base for glitter. I was going to my boyfriend's nephew's Christening and wanted something neutral but pretty, see this post.
I wore Utopia for the Saturday until I had a chance that evening to apply the Northern Lights. I kept looking at Utopia, wondering why the hell I'd passed this colour so many times before. 
 Models Own Utopia £5 
Excuse the just done slightly messy look, but Utopia is in fact not a dull nude as I originally first thought but a beautiful milky, pinky white with very subtle lilac tones. It's crazy how much I love this as I am not a nude girl AT ALL! I think the pink tones of this have swayed me. I wore this for a few days, continually looking at it like a lovestruck teenager haha.
Models Own then posted a picture to their Facebook of the beautiful Northern Lights and I just had to wear it too. As Utopia was a few days old by now I only did my thumb and ring finger, it wasn't worth the effort of removing it for only a couple of days wear. I really wish glitter was slightly easier to remove. Northern Lights came off nicely as Utopia was two coats thick, and Northern Lights was a single coat with no top coat. Its my favourite way to wear glitter for ease of removal but sometimes one coat just isn't enough! 
I guess Utopia always got overlooked as all the other brighter colours called to me. Have I changed your mind?
I saw a picture of the new Barry M Gelly polishes today, I simply cannot wait to get my hands on them! Four beautiful spring shades which are released 13th February (online) and 20th February (in store). I've just re-applied Pomegranate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog