Sunday 5 August 2012

Sunday Summary #28

Can't believe its another week gone and we're now into August. This year is hurtling past and before long it'll be Christmas! Had a topsy turvy few days, with uncertainty surrounding possible redundancies at work. Luckily its all ok and everyone is staying, for now at least. I can't imagine ever not working but I also don't think I could cope with the anxiety of my job being at risk. Then to be made redundant must be the worst feeling in the world. I'm so lucky. Had a brilliant week with my boyfriend as he's been off work so more free time. He went to the Olympics on Tuesday to see the Boxing which I was most jealous of. He had an amazing time. We've been watching it all week when we can and its incredible. Its definitely more exciting on home turf and with Team GB doing outstanding. So many medals too, its been so exciting to check my phone and hear from others when I haven't been near a tv. Me and my boyfriend went down to Colchester on Friday for shopping. Had such an amazing day, exploring and shopping. I am so lucky to have found someone like him. He isn't much of a shopper but he didn't complain once. We went to see Ted today and laughed our heads off. It is has such naughty lines in it, and Ted is one very bad bear indeed. I don't think I've ever seen Mark Wahlberg in a film before but he really impressed me in Ted, I was more into seeing how Mila Kunis did. They work so well together and some of the scenes between them are hilarious. Its mad how someone thought up the films idea. We also saw the trailer for The Sweeney which I have to see. Ben Drew and Ray Winstone?! Yes please. Planning to see The Dark Knight Rises a second time. It was so epic the first time and even though it was only a few weeks ago I need to see it all again.  Mum went to London on Wednesday and brought me loads of goodies back. Some are pictured below. She also got me a Union Jack cool bag and a Union Jack travel suitcase on wheels, its been great having so much Union Jack stuff popping up.
Making the most of Claire's Accessories 5 for £5 sale
 I did the deal with my Mum so all of the above cost £1 each!
 Primark Spending: Floral blouse £10, Leopard print sweetheart cut blouse £12, USA flag and Eagle top £6
I upsized on all of them as I like my blouses slightly flowy/loose and the flag top I want to be slouchy.
 Free photobook from Photobox, through Facebook
Mum's finds in London. The photo doesn't do the jacket justice, but its navy with gold thread that only shows up in the light, tops and duck mitt, London themed pjs and top. More Claire's Accessories 5 for £5.
 She also got me these bits from Accessorize and Forever 21. 
 I have Olympic Fever big time, so the headbands and jewellery are obvious. Couldn't resist the pin badge.I went into Build-a-Bear in Colchester and just had to have this one! So British I loved her. 
 I finally got my hands on an MUA Undressed palette and even better it had £1 off so was £3, crazy bargain. 
 MAC purchases :) 
 Mineralize Eye Shadow in Smutty Green, Girl About Town and Impassioned
 Light swatch of Smutty Green, Girl About Town and Impassioned
Yankee Candle haul

 Accessorize purchases
 Tokyo, Paris, New York, London spinner necklace, Lindy bunny necklace, Owl necklace
 Vitrail pendant, so amazing!
 Lush purchases. My boy picked for me :) Blackberry, Sex Bomb, Dorothy and Rocketeer
This case Mum got in London in the Claire's offer. I forgot it as its in use. I love it so much!! 
I am so happy with the new little bits I've got this week. Its been so nice to treat myself after hardly spending in recent weeks. Definitely appreciate stuff much more when I haven't shopped for a little while. I only went into MAC for one lipstick but I always see more in store than online, you see the true colour of a product in person. I've been after Impassioned for a while and then I saw Girl About Town. I'd seen it pop up on blogs before but I wasn't sure I could wear it. Out of all the brights I swatched me and my boy agreed the two I got were our favourites. Can't believe they've gone up again but I have all the colours I want now except a couple so I'm not too bothered. I don't always like every collection MAC release so unlikely they've bring out ten colours and I'd want all of them. 
Completely enjoying the London 2012 Olympics, so proud to be British and loving the medals racking up. I'll be sad when its all over but I have amazing memories from it. 
Hope you've all had good weeks

1 comment:

  1. Love the phone case

    I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award, Please check my blog for more details :) x http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog