Monday 2 January 2012

2011 Favourites

Some favourites of the past year...
 Body Shop shower gel & VO5 shampoo/conditioner
Body Shop Shower Gel - I'd never really noticed how nice these were until recently. I've always had the mini ones for travelling and bought lots of full sizes ones because I had a money off voucher. I've always thought the Body Shop products smell amazing but the shower gels are insane. The smell lingers and its so good! Almost intoxicating. I'm now fully stocked up with an entire shelf of them in my bathroom. 
VO5 Shampoos & Conditioners - I've always loved the smell of VO5 products, especially the styling products. When I dyed my hair red in January 2011 I really needed a good shampoo and conditioner to hold the colour and nourish my hair. It was VO5 that was the best for my hair, the colour stayed so so long and your hair smells amazing for the whole day. 
 back: MAC Fix+, Batiste Dry Shampoo, L'oreal Chelnett, Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector "BB" Cream, Avon Color Trend Chill Out Face Illuminator
front: Models Own Juicy Jules polish, Vaseline Rosy Lips, VO5 Miracle Concentrate, Avon Magix Face Perfector, Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud, Max Factor Smooth Effect foundation, MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Fix+ - I absolutely love this product. Very annoyed they've made the bottle much much smaller for not much less money, but I only use this when I want my make-up to look flawless or stay perfect for an event. 
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Attempting to grow my hair means I can't wash it as much as I would like to, so this is a god send. I usually wear my hair up when I haven't washed it so I like this on the roots and it makes it a little thicker and more textured as I don't like my ponytail or bun to be sleek. I have such a supply of this as much as I want to try alternative dry shampoos I should use all the batiste I have. 
L'Oreal Chelnett - Can't believe this can is still going, talk about value for money! I use it everyday and quite a  bit too so for that alone it's a favourite of 2011. 
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector - I wear this as a base to my foundation and loved it as soon as I first used it. I love the fruity smell Garnier products have and this really works for my skin. It gives a healthy dewy look and is light. 
Avon Color Trend Illuminator - although this is a product from a few years back if you can get a tube I recommend it. It gives the most amazing glow and is slightly shimmery but not too much. Its my favourite highlighter for a night out. 
Models Own - I only bought from Models Own this year after a stand arrived in my Boots. I love how fast the polish dries and the amount of colours they have really does rival Barry M. Juicy Jules is my favourite and I love wearing it, I get so many compliments and love how much it catches the light and sparkles. 
Vaseline Rosy Lips - I got this in a big Vaseline tin for Christmas last year but only first used it a few weeks ago. It's love. It smells amazing (must be the almond oil in it) and leaves a pretty pink tint.
VO5 Miracle Concentrate - This had been raved about so much by bloggers and youtubers I had to give it a go. It leaves hair like silk and I love the smell. This is a must if you have dyed or used heat on your hair. 
Avon Magix - I bought this when it first launched and I don't think I will ever even contemplate a different primer. This smells amazing, like chocolate and although its a gel as it goes on your skin it becomes more of a powder. Makes your skin feels so so soft and gets rid of pores. 
Natural Collection blush - I've raved about this before because its a dupe of the Rimmel one I've used for years except this is half the price. I'd say this actually even wears and stays better than the Rimmel too. 
Max Factor foundation - I love Max Factor foundation for some reason. Could be that I worked on a counter once so I'm a little biased, but this is one of the nicest ones they've ever released. Creamy and perfect for my skin colour I love wearing this and although I'd say its light it gives a good coverage too. 
MAC Paint Pot - When I first bought a paint pot back in 2010 I used it once and then it sat unloved and unused for months until the summer when I was experimenting. I then realised why everyone loves them so much. I have always struggled to stop creasing on my eyelids but this stays, all day. Que Emily sold.
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, Collection 2000 Glam Crystals, Avon Glazewear lipgloss, Avon Satin Satisfaction, Soap & Glory Supercat liner, Avon Super Shock eyeliner
Maybelline Gel Liner - Gel liners had never really appealed to me and I noticed this one and curiosity got the better of me. This gives a really dramatic, black look which I love. It stays put and is really nice and easy to apply. 
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals - I own this in every colour available and love it. Gives the most amazing look to eyes and I always get complimented on them. Very quick and easy if you've not got much time too. 
Avon Glazewear - I've loved these lipglosses for years now and they release so many different colours. They smell amazing, the tube lasts for ages and doesn't leak/go sticky. They always have a good amount of glitter in which I love, these are my staple for work. 
Avon Satin Satisfaction - Newly released but I've stocked up already. This might not be everyones cup of tea because its very thick. Its a lipgloss which is more like a lipstick. It lasts for ages, even through food, drink and talking. Pleased Pink is my favourite colour, a hot pink. 
Soap & Glory Supercat - I love this for mornings when I don't have much time especially work mornings. I used to spend ages with liquid liner as it can be messy, going on lashes and needing tidying up with a cotton bud, but with this I can draw the line and it needs no work plus means my mascara goes on much better. Much easier to do my flick with too, probably because there isn't much product on the pen tip. 
Avon Super Shock gel eyeliner - Ever since I first used this I have been in awe of how good it is. This is the best ever product to stay on my waterline all day, kohl always came off after an hour or so and fell down. I've bought no end of these so have a good supply for some time.
Collection 2000 Lasting Colour 6 Bubblegum, Barry M 129 Palest Lavender, 17 Mirror Shine Peace, Avon Ultra Colour Rich Moisture Seduction lipstick in Lilac Shimmer, MAC Milan Mode 
2011 was definitely the year I got into lipstick. These are my favourite brands and I picked a favourite shade from each (for MAC and Avon it was very hard!). 


What were your favourites of 2011? I'm really excited to see what I find in 2012 and add to my collection :)
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog