Friday 17 February 2012

Electrify

Just a few lip products I'm loving at the moment. I finally bought two Barry M lip crayons after a year of sitting on the fence about them. I'm pretty certain they launched just before last Valentine's and I originally went into Superdrug a few weeks ago for a Barry M lipstick. They had a promotion on for any two lip products for £7. I swatched the crayons out of curiosity and fell in love instantly. They then didn't have stock of the colours I wanted! I'm pretty certain Boots and Superdrug don't re-stock during promotions. My local Boots never ever replenish their No7 counter during 3 for 2 or the £5 voucher. I guess it makes some customers buy less popular products. I finally got the crayon colours I wanted at a different Superdrug and even got to use £1 off my beauty card! How I got to £1 I'll never know as you don't get very many points and I pretty much buy everything from Boots. 


 Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayons in Ballet Pink (bottom) and Candyfloss (top)
 Ballet Pink on the left is a pale pink with blue/lilac shimmer tones to it. It's very pretty and reminds me of MAC's Pervette which I love. Candyfloss on the right is a bright pink with pink glitter and blue shimmer. These are similar to a lipgloss in texture but slightly thicker. Their staying power is pretty impressive and Candyfloss does leave the pink behind once the shimmer has gone. 
 Lush Celebrate and Snow Fairy Lip Tints
I have been a fan of the Snow Fairy lip tint since it was first released two Christmas' ago. Its a perfect bright pink that smells insanely amazing. When my boy first smelt it he asked how I didn't eat my own face haha. I always get comments on the smell when I wear it, even if I've had it on for a few hours people can still smell it. Its not the easiest of products to work with as its quite thick and isn't smooth so the trick is to work it to create heat so it goes on smoother. Sometimes I use Vaseline over the top for a smoother look. The Celebrate lip tint was a new launch for last Christmas and smells amazing too, exactly like champagne. It has popping candy in which I'm trying to keep for as long as possible. Its a neutral colour which reminds me of 17's Mirror Shine in Bee Hive, a nudey pink, except Celebrate has a golden peachy tone to it. 
 l-r snow fairy, celebrate, ballet pink and candyfloss
MAC Pretty Please
This has to be the most impossible colour ever to photograph. Its a lustre which probably explains a lot. I failed epicly to capture this anywhere, and even this shot doesn't show it true to life. This is a pale pink with a light gold shimmer to it. Its very pretty and a nice addition to have. I love having lightly glittered or shimmered lips so this was a perfect choice for me. 


My post title inspired by Jakwob's track which is getting a lot of airplay. Its taken time but he's finally getting the recognition and credit he deserves. I first found him when he remixed Ellie Gouldings Under The Sheets and Starry Eyed which is a good few years ago now. Very excited for more material from him. 


What lip products have you fallen in love with lately? 


Em x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog