Sunday 3 March 2013

MAC Buys

I hadn't bought MAC in ages and I had a little splurge last week. The top of my list were two lipsticks from the Archie's Girls collection. I wanted Ronnie Red from Veronica and Betty Bright from Betty. 
 l-r Ronnie Red, Pink Pearl Pop and Betty Bright 
MAC predictably sold out of the majority of lipsticks the day they were released but I found both in stock on Selfridges website. I was so pleased when they arrived (super quick too, I ordered Wednesday night and they arrived Friday morning). Ronnie Red is a matte bright red with blue undertones. I wasn't expecting the colour to be more of a purple red but this makes it all the more wearable for me. If it was a tomato red I'd wear it less often as this is similar to Girl About Town. Betty Bright is a coral peach shade. Its unusual for me to go for a peach shade as I'm a pink girl but this is like a muted Nicki Minaj Viva Glam 1. I also had to re-purchase Pink Pearl Pop as I lost mine and I love it so much. It's a gorgeous pink with infused crushed pearl that gives it a glossy but still pigmented finish. This one is so nice I really want to get some of the others from this collection as its permanent.
 I also bought a Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle which is the first left. It's a gorgeous golden peach that will look so pretty. I was worried about it on my pale skin but I think if I don't overdo it, it'll look lovely and glowy.
 without flash/natural light
with flash 
I think the Archie's Girls collection packaging is really cute but nothing else caught my eye. Did you get anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog