Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday Summary #9

So I only said a week ago I must cut back on buying clothes, and somehow feel like I've bought even more clothes this week than a usual week, whoops. I am attempting a clothing spend ban until April...we'll see how that goes!
Nothing exciting happened this week, just the usual working hard and playing hard. I had a bite of sausage on Wednesday as my boy bought a hot dog for his lunch and it smelt quite good. I used to be a vegetarian but slowly meat came back into my life as boys influenced me to eat it. I now eat chicken and bacon, don't think I will ever like red meat and still unsure about sausage. Got my tattoo Friday, can't believe I finally got it. Got a separate blog to post about it as quite a bit I want to say and hopefully it will interest those wanting/considering getting one or even just satisfy curiosity. 
Today being Mothers Day I was a busy bee in the kitchen, eight and a half hours to be exact. Three course dinner for my Mum I'd thought up, and for the first time ever I touched raw chicken. I managed to wangle out of it during my GCSE years because I was so funny about it even fish, my teacher did it for me. I can't believe I've done it, it wasn't as bad as I expected but by the end it was making me want to gag. I had a right little system going of mixing up cake mix, then while it was baking, washing everything up and then mixing another batch up to go in when the current came out. At about five it all got a bit messy when I was trying to make my starters, clear up all the veg cuttings from my main which was in the oven and decorate all my buns and biscuits. Luckily my littlest brother saved the day and took over the decorating but the mess remained. Done enough washing up to last me weeks but it was all worth it to make my Mum's day special and I know she really appreciated all the time and effort. I bought her a slushy card and cards from the cats (its a pet owner thing!) and some Me To You gifts and a necklace. My oldest younger brother really spoilt her with a very expensive ornament that she has wanted for years this. We tend to keep such expensive gifts until her birthday but she did really deserve to be spoilt this year and I'm glad we made her day. 
 George Barbara Hulanicki peach butterfly peter pan top and Primark Bambi tee. Primark London Eye tee, coral lace top (I also have the white and navy, I have a problem, when I like a top, I end up buying it in all colours I find as you'll see further down) and Union Jack print shirts. Primark electric blue blazer. George coral blazer link. George Barbara Hulanicki heart dress link. Wooden heart, Max Factor Falsh Lash Effect mascara and Impulse spray. Primark black heart shirt. Primark red heart shirt. C2000 powder and Pink Shock lipstick and Simple eye make up remover. 


Primark and George at Asda seem to be the only places I'm finding clothes at the moment, although New Look have some nice pieces in nothing that I've felt compelled to own except the heels last week. I'm a difficult body to size and George is the only place that fits me really well and are consistent in their sizing, Primark is very hit and miss obviously. Took a random trip into Superdrug on Friday after having my tattoo as we were looking to see if Dettol had an unscented soap, and ended up buying the mascara and spray simply because they were on promotion haha. Needed some more face powder and had a double points coupon which expired today so got a lipstick I want in my collection and some more Simple as I love this remover, got some other bits but not interesting enough to post. The lipstick must be very similar to MAC's Candy Yum Yum which I never got hold of, but may return with the MAC By Request. At £2.99 this is more than £10 cheaper! Going a bit blazer crazy, the blue one is electric blue but the flash has lightened it. Absolutely in love with the Barbara Hulanicki dress, fits like a dream and makes my figure look amazing, if I do say so myself haha. Makes my waist looks teeny, can't wait to wear it. Got a wedding reception in two weeks and although I didn't need a new dress I did want one so will probably wear this. 
Going to leave you with some Mothers Day pictures...
 Hope you've all had good weeks and enjoyed Mother's Day as much as I did. 
Love Em x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog