Friday 16 September 2011

Peace


Words cannot express how long I have lusted after a peace necklace! 

As usual the perfectionist in me knew exactly what I wanted I just had to find it. I love long necklaces but sometimes they aren't the right length. I like mine to sit on the middle of my stomach. I find it really irritating when a necklace sits over my bust (too short) or my belly button (too long). 

On my lunch break I was trying desperately to avoid visiting the Chanel counter as there is lots of make up I'm lusting after and I can't trust myself I won't buy it all at once! In a last ditch attempt to waste the last few minutes of my hour I popped into Claire's Accessories. As a girl I was forever buying little trinkets in there with my pocket money. Now that I earn my own money and can spend anywhere I choose I rarely visit the shop. 

I was very surprised to see they had endless hanging bars of jewellery that was current and original. I found several necklaces I need to go back for: a panda, a gum ball machine, tiny jars with items such as fairy dust inside. I've always swayed towards unusual, unique jewellery although I have some very expensive pieces, for everyday I tend to wear costume jewellery. 

I was about to walk out when my eyes fell upon this necklace. I couldn't believe I may have found what I'd been looking for and in the last place I'd thought to look! 

It was even the perfect length!

And at £4 an absolute steal!

I'm so pleased and I can't wait to wear it. I've loved the peace symbol since I was tiny and when I saw this becoming popular I couldn't wait to get my own piece to wear. 

Em x

If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another. 
Winston Churchill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog